Leather will last for decades with the proper care and cleaning. In addition to this guide, refer to the care instructions that are provided with your furniture.
- Under normal usage/conditions, regular dry-cloth dusting and vacuum cleaning in crevices or along the bottom is all that is necessary to clean your furniture.
- The use of a good leather conditioner is recommended every 6-12 months.
- Protect your furniture from sun and direct light. Like any upholstery material, leather can fade to some degree if exposed to the sun.
SUGGESTED METHODS OF CLEANING:
- Always try any cleaning method in a hidden area first to convince yourself of the results.
- For minor spots and spills, wipe up any excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use a lightly moistened soft cloth with clean lukewarm water, and let it air dry naturally. If water is used, clean the entire area where the spot occurred.
Leather Cleaning Kit: $25.99
- Do not use soap or soak the stain heavily with water. This may cause more damage than the stain itself. If the stain persists, we recommend that a professional leather specialist clean the leather to avoid any potential damage to the leather itself.
- For butter, oil, or grease stains, wipe off excess with a clean dry cloth, and then leave alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather after a short period of time.
- For minor or slight scratches on the surface, use a chamois or clean fingers to gently buff the scratch. If needed, moisten lightly with distilled water to work scratches out.
- Remember that leather is a natural product and requires some care to maintain the natural beauty of the hide.
- Do not use saddle soap, cleaning solvents, furniture polish, oils, varnish, abrasive cleaners, detergent soaps or ammonia water.
You can buy our Leather Cleaning Kit for only $25.99! Call our store at (201) 612-1001 to place an order!